``There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.''
Department of Computer Science
LWSN 2142J, 305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
phone: (765) 496-6757
Conferences I am involved with:
Cristina Nita-Rotaru is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer
Science at Purdue University where she established the
Dependable and Secure Distributed Systems Laboratory (DS^2) ,
is a member of the Center for Education and Research
in Information Assurance and Security (CERIAS).
Her research lies at the intersection of information security,
distributed systems, and computer networks. The overarching goal of her
work is designing and building practical distributed systems and network
protocols that are robust to failures and attacks while coping with the resource
constraints existent in computing systems and networks.
Cristina Nita-Rotaru is a recipient of the NSF Career Award in 2006. She is also a recipient of the Purdue Teaching for Tomorrow Award in 2007, Purdue Excellence in Research Award, Seeds for Success in 2012, Purdue College of Science Research Award in 2013. She has served on the Technical Program Committee of numerous conferences in security, networking and distributed systems. She is currently an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Systems, and Computer Networks.
Cristina Nita-Rotaru holds a Ph.D in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins
University and a MS from Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania.
She was born and grew up in Bucharest, Romania. She is an alumnus of
``Colegiul National Sfantul Sava''.
Current Graduate Students:
Previous members of the DS2 Lab:
- Reza Curtmola, Ph.D. Johns Hopkins University, 2007, Assistant Professor NJIT.
- Rahul Potharaju, Ph.D. May 2014, Microsoft.
- Luojie Xiang, M.S. May 2014, Apple.
- Jeffrey Seibert, Ph. D, May 2012, Google.
- David Zage, Ph.D., May 2010, Sandia National Labs.
- Jing Dong, Ph.D. Dec. 2009, Knight Knight Equity Markets.
- Mercan Topkara (co-advised with Prof. M. Atallah), Ph.D. July 2007, IBM T.J. Watson.
- Bogdan Carbunar (co-advised with Prof. A. Grama and Prof. J. Vitek), Ph.D., May 2005, Florida International.
- Chi-Bun (Ben) Chan, MSc. Dec. 2004, Xilinx Inc.in April 2005.
- Aaron Walters, MS Thesis, May 2006, founding partner of Volatile Systems.
- Camille Gaspard, MSc. May 2009. CISCO
- Lauren Stuart, BS expected May 2011.
- Emily Raymond, BS, joined NSA Summer 2010.
- Jacob McDorman, BS 2010.
- Ruben Sethi, BS, joined Microsoft Spring 2009.
- Kurt Erik Ackermann, BS, joined Amazon Summer 2008.
- Dan Spaid, BS, 2007, joined Google 2008.
- Jamie Swedler, BS. 2007. joined Amazon 2008.
- Chris Kanich, BS. 2005, Graduate School UCSD, Fall 2005.
- Ajith Kumar, BS. 2005, joined Microsoft, Feb. 2006.
- Mehmet Demirci, BS. 2006, Graduate School, Georgia Tech. Fall 2006.
- Josh Olsen, BS. 2006, Graduate School, University of California, Irvine Fall 2006.
- Dan Vacura, BS. 2006.
- Brett Bhavar, BS. 2007, Google, Fall 2007.
- David Inman, BS. 2007.
- Tom Scogland, BS. 2007, Graduate School, Virginia Tech, Fall 2007.