[Prev][Next][Index]

Yucks Digest V7 #20 (shorts)

Yucks Digest                Fri, 31 Oct 97       Volume 7 : Issue  20

Today's Topics:
         ... did not include any form of the word "empower".
                       Animal Hard-luck Stories
                          Applicant Testing
                  Best Emergency Room Story of 1995
  Bob Marley once confessed to shooting the deputy AND the sheriff.
                         Confusion O' The Day
                  East/West Coast translation table.
                         Highly-Tuned Senses
                         Humor:  The Big Two?
                    Is my Scottish Blood Showing?
                        It's that time again.
            I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole
                       Life in the Lounge Lane
         Microsoft refuses to pay $1 Million/day fine but...
                                MSNPR
         Much effort was involved in playing the 16th notes.
                           Musical Condoms
                             Need A Man?
                              Papal Bull
                     Putting savings to good use
                           Quote of the day
                               Signage
            The altruistic barber, a fable for our times.
           The Golden Arches Theory of Conflict Prevention
                        The Sacrifice of Isaac
             The Top 16 Web Pages Least Likely to Prosper
              We haven't been punished in a long time...
                    Yiddishkeit - The Devout Pooch
                   You know you live in SF when...

The "Yucks" digest is a moderated list of the bizarre, the unusual,
the sometimes risque, the possibly insane, and the (usually) humorous.
It is issued on a semi-regular basis, as the whim and time present
themselves.

Back issues can be obtained via WWW as
<http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/spaf/yucks.html>; back issues and
subscriptions can be obtained using a mail server.  Send mail to
"yucks-request@cs.purdue.edu" with a "Subject:" line of the single word
"help" for instructions.

Submissions and problem reports should be sent to spaf@cs.purdue.edu