For IP -- Nifty news

One of our alums is part of a new venture. They just debuted their service on the WWW: <http://www.topix.net>. Topix crawls the net and categorized several thousand news sources on the web and and updates over 150,000 categories. They have a sophisticated AI agent that classifies all the news articles. Not much security/crypto code involved, but the cookies are encrypted and check-summed. And its all written in Perl.

Nifty! I have already added a half-dozen of their URLS to my bookmarks to keep up with current news in certain topics.

=======