Re: :"It was an average number really. It's what we've come to expect."

On 06/03/04 12:23, Gene Spafford wrote:
<http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1516&ncid=1516&e=7&u=/afp/britain_cheese_offbeat>

I've actually seen this race, and from what I can tell, the contestants can't *possibly* catch the cheese (imagine: lumpy steep hill with holes and boulders, heavy round cheese accelerating down it like a tyre, person running after it with normal complement of ungainly limbs trying to avoid two broken ankles in one day). I'd just shoot the bloody cheese, but I guess that wouldn't be cricket. -- Frank Wales [frank@limov.com]