Maybe it's the altitude (I'm in Steamboat Springs, CO)

 I don't like small birds.  They hop around so
         merrily outside my window, looking so innocent.
       but I know that secretly, they're watching my every
        move and plotting to beat me over the head with a
             large steel pipe and take my shoe laces.

                       (Jeremiah Robertson)

                              -=++=-

                   I think I've figured out why
                   slugs don't like margaritas.