IEEE event Speaking Inquiry

Dear Dr. Spafford,

We first met at a lecture you gave at Texas Christian University in 1996, while you were involved with COAST.   While I would not expect you to remember the occasion, I still have a follow-up packet that you graciously sent to me at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics.

Would you consider giving a 20 minute "luncheon" presentation on the importance of Information Assurance followed in the afternoon by a 45 minute more detailed technical session on Wednesday, 4 October 2006, at the Wyndham Hotel in Arlington, Texas (between Dallas and Fort Worth) ?

The audience for the lunch would be roughly 250 engineering and biomedical professionals from the surrounding area.  Some 50 or so will be software engineers (who would probably attend the more detailed session), but many of the luncheon attendees will know very little about the subject.  The purpose at lunch would be to inform the attendees on the current state of the threat and about the effectiveness of counterthreat practice.   The afternoon session could expand on that or be other material of your choice.

This local one day event, called MetroCon, is sponsored by the Fort Worth IEEE Section primarily for educational purposes.  We do not normally provide an honorarium, but can offer expenses and an opportunity to promote your books.   I would also be glad to arrange for you to visit the plant for a tour and to discuss your work with some of our folks.

Best regards,

Ed Safford
Program Chair
IEEE Fort Worth Section