Fwd: Afterlife gateway blocks access to Google

From: Frank Wales <frank@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 17, 2006 7:15:47 PM EDT

At least, if this wording from the 'Google Notepad' terms
at http://www.google.com/notebook/download is to be taken at face value:

Upon the termination of your use of Google services, including upon receipt
of a certificate or other legal document confirming your death, Google will
close your account and you will no longer be able to retrieve content
contained in that account.

Of course, a more prosaic explanation is that, whenever Google receive
bogus death notifications. they want to make sure that alleged decedents
are inconvenienced rather than Google's legal department:

"I'm sorry, sir, I'm afraid we deleted all your information
because you're dead already. I know you don't sound dead, but this
certificate clearly states that you are. Now please don't get angry,
that can't be good for someone in your condition.