Administrivia [PLEASE READ]

Hello, everyone at "web-heads"

This list is the by-product of a list I started In 1987, which later became the Yucks Digest in 1990, and then spawned web-heads as a spin-off in 1995.   Yup, this list is 15 years old!

I have always run this list out of my "main account," which has been a Purdue account.  However, over the last few years I have run into issues of email load and maintenance of bounce messages.  I also have been wanting to move my non-university email to non-Purdue addresses -- both to separate functions, and to make it simpler if/when I someday am not at Purdue.  (No, there is no particular message implied by that -- I have no plans on going elsewhere any time soon, although sabbaticals and leaves are still possible).  The material on this list is seldom related to official Purdue activities.

To that end, I am thinking of moving this list to a non-public Google groups address.   Everyone on the list will be allowed to post to the list, and Google can archive the traffic.   This would be effectively the same as what we have now, except the central server would be at Google instead of at Purdue.  I also plan to create a tumblr blog with RSS feed for the traffic for those of you who might prefer that to email.

Before I do that, I want to check with all of you to see if anyone has:
	1) An objection to having the list at Google (please be specific if so)
	2) Any suggestion for a better hosting alternative
	3) Objections/suggestions on the gateway into a tumblr-style blog for the group

If I don't hear significant objections over the next week or so, I will set up the transition.

Also, for future reference, you should send personal email (not related to Purdue/CERIAS/professional activities) to me at one of the following addresses (in order of preference):
	spaf@xxxxxx
	gene@xxxxxxx
	gene.spafford@xxxxxxxxx
instead of to my Purdue email addresses.

Cheers,
--spaf